Whether we procure a prospective tenant, or another REALTOR® brings us the applicant, Blue Ribbon Property Management performs a thorough credit and criminal background check.
Our background check consists of collecting and reviewing the following information:
- Identity verification
- Public record search
- Criminal history
- Rent-to-income verification
- Eviction records
- Employment verification
- Rental history
- Credit score
Yes, credit scores are important to us, but we are more interested in the things that created the credit score than the score itself. A less than desirable credit score may be off-set by great rental history and solid income.
Residency may be denied due to a criminal record; please see criminal criteria below:
Automatic Denial of Tenancy for Convicted Crimes Within the Past Seven Years Include
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd degree murder
- Harassment or stalking
- Simple or aggravated robbery
- Terrorist threats
- Felony controlled substance
- Felony burglary/theft
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th degree sexual assault or misconduct
- 2nd degree manslaughter
- 1st and 2nd degree assault
- In possession of a controlled substance or intent to distribute a controlled substance
- At attempt to commit one of the above stated crimes
- Any Misdemeanor may be subject to Denial
- Type of charge and date of conviction may affect the decision
- Proof of resolution may also be required
- Felony convictions less than 7 years from release may be denied
- Per Federal regulation, drug and alcohol use felonies may be acceptable with proper documentation
- Regardless of conviction date, no applicant with a felony conviction for any of the following will be accepted
- Acts of violence
- Sex crimes
- Illegal manufacturing or distribution of drugs
The combined GROSS monthly income of the applicants must be a minimum of 3 times the monthly rent. You will be required to provide proof of income whether you are employed by a 3rd party, or self-employed.
If an applicant is self-employed, they will need to provide the following proof of income:
- bank statements
- tax returns
If an applicant is not self-employed they will need to provide the following proof of income:
- copies of your most recent pay stub
- tax returns (if applicable)
Applicants may need to provide a rental reference which confirms a minimum of 1 year or more of valid, verifiable rental history from a third-party landlord. If there is a rental history shorter than 12 months an additional deposit may be required or a guarantor may be required. If rental history includes: late payments, eviction(s), excessive lease violations, excessive property damage, unauthorized tenants/pets, pest infestations due to tenant negligence, improper notice to vacate, three or more late notices within a 12-month period, noise or nuisance violations, two or more NSF charges, or outstanding balance owed, the applicant may not be approved for a lease.
Get started with your FREE RENTAL PRICE ANALYSIS below, or if you want to start a conversation first, complete the form and we will be in touch.
How much rent can you get for your investment?
Our market analysis helps landlords and us make data-informed decisions about their rental property, including rate estimates and other information so they can invest and manage their investment property more wisely.
- Get Optimized Rental Value for Your Property
- Gain Crucial Insight into Current Market Conditions
- Determine Your Cashflow from Monthly Rental Value
Benefits of using Blue Ribbon Property Management as your College Station property manager
- No hassle management
- Automated owner statements
- Online Owner Portal Access and Alerts
- Industry leading marketing tools
- 24/7 maintenance request handling
- Prompt Response to Tenant Requests
- Low vacancy rate
- Low time on market
- Industry specific local knowledge
- Make ready and turn management
Explore What We Do
As your College Station Property Manager
Marketing is key to successful rentals. We provide an expert market analysis for each property we manage to maximize your return on investment.
We conduct extensive screening on all tenants and handle every aspect of getting your investment rented in the shortest time possible.
We make sure you get paid on time, every time. You no longer have to worry about rent showing up in your bank account because we take care of everything.
We conduct inspections upon move-in and move-out and ensure all maintenance issues are addressed in a timely manner.
With our detailed financial reporting tools, it's never been easier to keep tabs on your investment. Log into your owner portal to view statements & more.